May 26, 2019, 11:51:04 AM

Author Topic: Best/Worst thing that happened today  (Read 806598 times)

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
Best/Worst thing that happened today
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:31:15 AM »
The title says it all. Come here to rant about your day.

The AC in our residence is broken and as a result, it's so hot that I can't sleep. I keep waking up. :hot: I'm so tired.
What's frustrating is that even though the weather is hot and humid, it's not that bad. But it's far hotter inside our house than outside.
However, today, I also got a gift voucher to buy food. Free food! :yesss:

Anata no Koto wa Sorehodo (ed): ch.5 to be cleaned
Futagashira (ed): ch. 7 to be cleaned
Omi-sensei no binetsu (cl): -
Principal (ed): cleaning ch.26
Teketeke Rendezvous (ed): -

Hats

• Administrator
    • Co-Founder, Project Manager, Translator, QC
Re: Best/Worst thing that happened today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:05:05 AM »
I know this is, like, really insignificant, but my wireless mouse ran out of batteries, and I don't have any in stock, so I have to do stuff without the mouse until tomorrow evening, grr.

But on the other hand my sister cleaned out the house and found my favorite pair of shoes that had gone missing for a year.

OK, that makes TWO really insignificant things, but I thrive on those moments.  :eto:
In Progress : [Translating]
& Vol.5, ch25-26 TLcheck: in progress
3 AM Terrible Zone Vol.1, ch04-06: in progress
Ane no Kekkon Vol.4,ch19-24: in progress
Futago Vol.1, ch01-05v2, Vol.5, ch25&extras: in progress
Heartbroken Chocolatier Vol.2, ch06: in progress
Love Master X Vol.1, ch03-ch05: in progress
Nina My Love Vol.3, ch.21: in progress
Suppli Vol.1,ch03-06: in progress
Teke Teke Rendezvous Vol.2, ch17: in progress
Toribako House Vol.1, ch08: in progress

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:33:22 PM »
Oh, that's great. A couple of years ago, one of my favourite t-shirts mysteriously disappeared. I never found it again.  I still haven't gotten over it.

Otherwise, since this week was my first week of class, our professors have been telling us what textbooks to buy and I'm horrified at their price. Today, I found out one of my textbook cost $273 and I don't think any of the textbooks I'm required to buy costs less than $100 when new. And I thought textbooks in France where expensive. This is crazy.  :lostit:

Hats

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »
Wow school is so damn expensive.. and here I am wanting to go back and take some courses!

My tires blew this morning and my weekend is so packed. When will I get a day of rest?!
But the highlight is my baby brother called me. I have been so estranged from my family that I nearly broke down crying from joy.

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:38:07 AM »
It hasn't gotten better since your brother's marriage? It must be hard.
However, while I don't have any problems with my family, I know my brothers wouldn't call me and I wouldn't call them either, unless something important had happened. I'm closer to my younger sister, even though she's nine years younger than me. It must be because we're the only girls in the family. If one of my brother called me just to talk, I would probably get worried about him and start to wonder if he's all right.  :sado3:

School really is expensive in North America, but if it's useful and you can afford it, it's worth it. However, my textbooks are probably among the most expensive since I'm registered in an MBA program while in Canada. Depending on which courses you want to take, your books might be a lot cheaper. And I think it's possible to rent them through Amazon in the US. But there's still the tuition to pay, and the cost of the books is usually nothing compared to that.  :umm:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:39:59 AM by Minelauva »

Hats

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:17:36 AM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa. An MBA program can get ridiculously expensive. For me, it would be crippling.  :umm: You must be pretty smart though. I don't think I'd have the tenacity for an MBA. I have the attention span equivalent to a goldfish, seriously. Did your parents save any money up for tuition? What about financial aid or scholarships?

And, no, I'm not really talking to my brother (the one who got married), but it's not out of resentment anymore. I really do have too much to do, and so does he. I shook his hand and congratulated him at his wedding, and we did genuinely part on good terms, if not as friends. I hate being one of those people who say that his wife got in the way, but she did, and I can't really blame her now that I think it through. I guess, she should be the one who is "closer" to him than his sister, and it must have hurt her feelings to hear everyone saying how me and my brother were so close. His last words to me were: "I love her, and I have to consider her feelings. You understand, don't you?"

My youngest brother, the fifteen year old, confides in me like a mom, lol. We're 14 years apart. What he told me today was that he broke up with his girlfriend, and that he's still trying to find the right person, and then he wanted to know if we could hang out sometime. So sweet.  :puppyeye: I remember that I had moved out of the house for two years because me and my mom couldn't get along, and then when I moved back in, he was already nine years old, and he was that little boy laying on the carpet in my room lamenting about how, "Life without you would be boring." So freaking sweet. :puppyeye:

It's weird how out of five kids, I'm the only one who doesn't want to get married though. (Which is probably why my boyfriends keep leaving me, lol.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:47:14 AM by Hats »

Lilanar

• Nigeru Onna
  • Administrator
    • Editor, Forum Organizer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
Isn't that nice? Guys know the value of having siblings... T_T

Well, I don't really know since here everyone lives so family oriented. It's a big NO for an unmarried young person to live apart from the family especially for the girls... >.> You know what I mean...? So I really don't understand these kind of stuff but I'm sure I'd call my bro every other day if I had one. And no... that's not stalking... It's the normal way of life here... :hahaha:  I should admit that sometimes it gets to that stalking point though... especially if he's married...  Like when the mother-in-law decides that you shouldn't go on a trip at this time of year, and that's the start point of war in both families... XD And they ask me why you don't get married... >.>

Speaking of marriage, once a person told me when God makes you marry to a person, God himself gives you the power to tolerate him/her! I wish I could get convinced by that... :bymaself:

Btw, Minelauva, whoa... You registered for an MBA program...? And how long are you staying in Canada? It takes two years, right?
Natsuyuki Rendezvous: ch.22-23> typeset
Paradise Without You: ch.1>typesetting ◄ Currently | ch2-3> cleaning
Shinkuu Katakoi Pack: ch.1> cleaning
Nikotama: ch.4-5> Cleaned | ch.6> cleaning
Hakoiri no Musume: ch.2-3> cleaned
Sekine ch.2 v2> cleaning

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
I'm only staying for four months (until the end of December). I came to Canada as an exchange student, in order to get my degree. In France, I'm registered in a regular Master's degree (but it doesn't really work like in North America so it's a bit difficult to compare). It's not as expensive as an MBA would be but it's still very expensive though. If my parents weren't helping me financially, I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm really grateful to them.  :blush:

When I first arrived, last week, I felt so lonely. I wasn't used to feeling that way anymore. It must have been because I was in an unfamiliar environment. It's getting better, now that my classes have started. Being able to talk to my family and see them with Skype is a great support too. I love how one of my younger brothers never says much, if anything at all, when I call them, but is always around to watch me.  :puppyeye:

As for me, I don't really understand how someone could sacrifice their relationship with one of their siblings out of love for another person but that's personal. If you're fine with it, it's all that matters.
Your younger brother is so touching though.

Lilanar, I can't help thinking that it must be nice to live in a place where family is so important but at times, it must be annoying. I love the times my family get to spend together, especially since most of the time, it's during the holidays, but it tends to create tensions too. I like being able to live apart from my family, because it reminds me how important they are to me, in spite of their annoying aspects.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:19:30 PM by Minelauva »

Lilanar

• Nigeru Onna
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
Oh, I remembered now. European unis have that exchange student program... How fancy... I know three students from Austria and they all chose to go to Australia, and a distanced family who lives in Germany who chose to go to China... And should I admit I envied them? It's such a good chance for the students to have a experience in other unis with different language and culture. I wish you good luck... Bonne Chance? ;D

Well, about that topic about living with the family, now at this age I personally want to live apart and get fully independent but not that apart that I can't see them at least every week. I can't change that. That's something rooted deep in our culture, though everything is changing here too, with increase in problems and difficulties every family is facing, people are getting distanced. Especially for people in my country that have a big rate of immigrations to other countries. Anyway... Today something funny happened to me and I was going to rant...  XD

Just two days ago, exactly two days, I thought to myself I'm less daydreaming these days and am not making the mistakes I used to... Like the time I put the teapot in the fridge and in the evening no one could find it, even myself... or when I went to my bathroom with the milk pack in my hand, just to realize the fridge is not in the bathroom... or when I mistakenly wrote down my friend's name on my own test sheet on an exam day... or when I was late for my class so I rushed on the stairs just to realize my shoes are still on the floor and I myself am on the third stair... (Damn the super comfy shoes, they were too soft after all...) and so on...  :poutpout:

Yeah... two days ago I was convinced that I'm becoming a normal person of the society. And today I needed to get my purse from my bag and right when I opened it... "Ewww... ugh..." I totally forgot that a week ago I went to a restaurant. They make delicious olive pickles there. It's not actually pickles, but it's the best name I can find for it. They flavor olives with Pomegranate sauce and walnut. So I ordered two packs... eat one of them there and put the other in my bag to bring home... and damn... I forgot. The Lid has broken and it has spilled out and made such a scene...  I washed everything but it's still smelling like olives and the sauce...  :shaded:

Conclusion.... I better not get my hopes up...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:49:50 PM by Lilanar »
Sekine ch.2 v2> cleaning

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 05:03:31 PM »
Oh, it must have been awful. That's totally the kind of thing I could have done. I tend to be easily distracted too, and when I'm tired on top of that, it becomes something else. I have to be careful when I walk on the street because I tend not to look properly where I'm going. The other day, I almost run into a guy who was skateboarding at full speed when I tried to cross the street. And I wouldn't be able to count the number of times I put orange juice on my cereals and milk in my glass in the morning. Cereals with orange juice taste very bad.  :umm:
But it got better with time so I haven't lost hope yet. When I was a child, it was worse. I regularly went to school wearing the slippers I wore at home, and/or without my bag. And most of the time, I didn't realize it until I had almost arrived, so I had to run home as fast as possible in order not to be too late. Fortunately, I was a good runner. When I was in junior high school, I got several hours of detention because I kept forgetting my books. I thought it was so unfair!

Lilanar

• Nigeru Onna
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »
Excuse me Minelauva, can I laugh a little? XD Dunno how you didn't notice the slippers until near the school, but the image coming to my mind reading that was sweetly funny...

Well, dear I have a long list of things like that too, I think one day I should write them down and keep them safe. I used to get kinda sad, because I guess I know what made me to almost unintentionally go back into my mind and not notice my surroundings at times. But now I call them the sweet moments of life. After one of those goofy moments, I said this to mom and she gave me a weird look, I told her just imagine how much we're going to laugh at this moment two days later...  :hahaha:

I'm not getting better with age, only the mistakes are changing... But it's absolutely dangerous to daydream on the street, I've had three times accident when I was crossing the street. It wasn't my fault though. I was walking in the crosswalk but drivers here don't even know the purpose of those stripes. One of them was a motorcycle rider who hit me very badly.

I shouted at him:  "hey, I'm on the crosswalk"
He answered back with an annoyed voice: "So what?"
Trying to keep my calm, I said: "It means the pedestrian has the right to cross first."
He answered with a real surprised voice: "Who says that?"

He wasn't joking, he was serious and had no idea that those lines are not just decorations!! I want to leave here... :dang:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:06:38 PM by Lilanar »
Sekine ch.2 v2> cleaning

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 10:07:14 PM »
Lol. It reminds me of the time I went to an African country on holidays and a local told us: "there's no Road Code here". (I'm not sure how it's called in English so I translated it litterally from French).

I'm currently looking for an internship and as expected, it's not fun at all. It's very stressful and I hate writing cover letters (who doesn't?). And that's only the beginning of the process...  Being an adult has its good sides but sometimes, I wish I could go back in time. :shitsuhula:

Oh, and I got some bad news at the end of last week, or rather, some frustrating news. Since I will only stay in Canada for four months, I have been looking for the best solution cellphone-wise : I can't keep using my french phone, it would be too expensive, but I can't suscribe to one of the classic canadian two-year plans neither (and they're too expensive to my taste anyway). So I thought prepaid was the solution. I had my phone unlocked so I could use it with another operator, bought a new Sim card and some credit. I was rather glad since I had what I needded : illimited texts to/from Canada and abroad, but I had a disappointment coming my way. It turns out that my cellphone is not compatible and can't work here. I will have to buy another one. I don't need another cellphone ! And I certainly don't need the extra expense, not right now.  :wahhh:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:57:53 PM by Minelauva »

Hats

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 02:42:52 AM »
I was trying not to crack up at you guys, but you two are just too funny!  :hahaha:
I have to add one more thing and that even though we're the senior members on the team, we three happen to always be in the venting thread...

I actually caught a cold the other day. It doesn't make any sense because it's summer, and cold is like the opposite of hot, but there I was very feverish on Monday night. I was so out of it that I couldn't find my phone this morning, so I couldn't call my boss to let him know I wouldn't be coming in for work. Turns out, I was sleeping on it the whole time, and the phone was on silent. Good thing he wasn't mad at me. 

Minelauva

• Staff
    • Head Editor
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 10:00:50 PM »
I think us being senior members is precisely the reason why we're the only ones posting in the venting thread. :D It creates a link. Sharing your life with virtual strangers must be intimidating. And reading what we write probably isn't helping   :cheesy:

Talking about seniority, I love how my title, Head Editor, makes me appear important and competent.  :kekeke:

Anyway, tonight, there is an event at my uni. It's will be great. It's a mocktail (cocktail without alcool) competition. Each team has to create one, inspired by a fairytale, and bring costumes, decorations, to go with it. But I have to admit that what convinced me to go is that there will be free pizzas. I have reached a point where I'm so broke that the promise of free food can convince me to go to an event.  :bymaself:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:06:16 PM by Minelauva »

SwirlyOwl

• Staff
    • Editor
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 11:35:43 PM »
Now, today is my worst day of my life. :wahhh: I was about to put my laptop away on a table next to me. It actually fell to the floor (no, it wasn't a carpet,  yes, it's a freakin' tiled floor).   :umm:

Now my laptop is not working, the screen is cracked and only can see white with various colors across the screen. And even worse, this is a brand new laptop that I bought back in Feb. I can't do anything right now (no working on manga) etc.

And hope for the best that it won't cost too much money to replace the screen or having to wait too long to work on my chapters.

Now I'm going off and pout a little bit.   :wahhh: :mad: :whatdidu:
Updated: April 4, 2019

In Progress : [Cleaning]

Suppli 13: 44/45
Suppli 14: cleaned, RDs
Haikoiri 4: 59/63
Haikoiri 5: 1/?
Nina My Love 21: cleaned, RDs
Love Master X 3: cleaned, RDs
Love Master X 4: 17/39
Love Master X 5: 5/34
Kiyoku 5a: cleaned, RDs